Recipe by grovinchicken
This was a late night creation. I had a cake that needed a quick fix and little booze (yes booze). I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we have. If you have children, use Hazelnut flavoring instead of the Frangelico. I have had to sub the booze for children's cakes. It works fine--might want to add a wee-bit extra though.THE POWDERED SUGAR MEASUREMENT IS A CLOSE APPROXIMATION. USE MORE OR LESS FOR DESIRED THICKNESS......this is enough icing for 9x11 cake.
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese (soft)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (soft, not melted)
- 1⁄4 cup Frangelico
Directions See How It's Made
- Take softened cream cheese and softened butter beat with mixer until it becomes smooth and well blended.
- Add powdered sugar little at a time to make sure it gets incorporated. After you have added about half of sugar, you can pour in the Frangelico. Add the rest of the powdered sugar.
- Once all the ingredients are blended, mix on high until you get your desired thickness. If it is too thin, just add more powdered sugar (little goes a way). If it's too thick, add more Frangelico to the icing (little goes a way).
- Lick the beater when done--gotta taste the yummy goodness!