Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Adapted from a Southern Living recipe. Usually served at our not-so famous 4th of July family BBQ.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup Burgundy wine
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 hamburger buns
- Mix together first 9 ingredients.
- Shape into 8 patties.
- Broil or grill 4-5 inches from heat 5 minutes on each side, or until desired degree of doneness.
- Serve in hamburger buns.
- **We also toast the buns on the grill.
- **Adjust seasonings to taste.