Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from a Southern Living recipe. Usually served at our not-so famous 4th of July family BBQ.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup Burgundy wine
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 hamburger buns
- Mix together first 9 ingredients.
- Shape into 8 patties.
- Broil or grill 4-5 inches from heat 5 minutes on each side, or until desired degree of doneness.
- Serve in hamburger buns.
- **We also toast the buns on the grill.
- **Adjust seasonings to taste.
Excellent burgers! We broiled these and put them on toasted onion buns. Stacked on a big slice of sweet onion and tomato---uhhmmm! Very good! Thank you for the recipe Nurse Di!
What a great burger recipe. I made these for 4th of July cook-out. Very juicy and tender. Superb flavor and perfectly seasoned. Burgundy wine is a plus. Thanks for an easy, new grill recipe for us.
WOW!!! These are incredible burgers. I fixed these for our July 4th cook-out. They were easy to put together and they smelled so great while grilling. Very juicy and moist with the most wonderful flavor. We grilled the buns and served these with the usual burger fixins. Yummy. Thanks NurseDi.