Recipe by Happy Harry #2
Good buy on pre-cooked medium sized shrimp....so I took advantage. This was one of the ways I used them. Tasty and really easy!
Top Review by mama smurf
Definately a 5-star recipe....delicious! Made as written and DH and I had a wonderful lunch down at the beach. Will be making these again and can hardly wait for fresh tomotatoes. Thank you for posting. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag game 2013.
- 680.38 g medium shrimp, pre-cooked (or cook yourself)
- 3 stalk celery, finely minced
- 29.58 ml parsley, finely minced (if you don't have fresh, leave out)
- 14.79-22.18 ml creole seasoning (can use Old Bay seasoning)
- 4.92 ml black pepper, fresh ground
- 177.44 ml reduced-fat mayonnaise (no Miracle Whip, please)
- 236.59 ml frozen peas (do not cook, just rinse to separate)
- 4 medium-large beef tomatoes (garden fresh are best)
- parsley (optional)
- curly lettuce leaf (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove 16 shrimp and set aside.
- Coarsely chop rest of shrimp. Mix with the next six ingredients and refrigerate. Start with 1 tbls creole seasoning and taste before adding more. The flavor increases some with standing.
- To Make Tomato Bowls:.
- Decide which sides of the tomato will lay flatter. Cut off thin strip to help this happen.
- Cut off top and empty insides.
- Lightly salt insides and turn upside down to drain. Leave like this about fiftheen minutes. Do not rinse.
- Stand upright. Cut in half from top to bottom making sure that the stripped side will now be the bottom.
- Line 4 plates with lettuce leaves. Fill each tomato half.
- Place two halves on a plate. Top each half with two whole shrimp and sprinkle with parsley.
- Yum, yum -- enjoy!