This is a very easy cake to make. The four main ingredients are used with equal quantities, which is why it is called Four Quarter cake. It can be made with either apples or pears or any flavouring you like (I tried it with coffee essence once and it was fab').
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven at 200C/400°F Grease a round non-stick cake tin and put the slices of fruits in the bottom.
- 2Mix butter and sugar together and add the eggs one by one, mixing well until smooth.
- 3Sieve flour with baking soda and add it progressively to the butter mixture.
- 4Pour the mixture on top of the fruits and cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- 5Check the cake is done with a skewer.
- 6Let the cake cool down before removing from the tin.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Four Quarters Apple Cake
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.9
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 119.3 mg
- Sodium 291.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 24.3 g
- Protein 4.5 g