Recipe by Mirj
Forgotten, but not for long! Long cooking time is actually leaving them in the turned-off oven overnight.
Top Review by SmilinJenE
Forgotten could be so many things. First, you put them in the oven and foregt about them. Secondly, you can use up all of those forgotten goodies in the pantry . . .coconut, butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, nuts (any kind), white chocolate . . .the combinations are endless. What a great recipe! Thanks for sharing.
- 2 egg whites, room temperature
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 36 Hershey chocolate kisses (36 count, unwrapped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar and salt in small mixer bowl until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in sugar continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Add vanilla, and beat until combined.
- Drop meringue mixture by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets top each with a Hershey's Kiss.
- Cover kiss completely with a small teaspoonful of meringue.
- Place in a preheated 375 degree F oven.
- Immediately turn off oven and let cookies remain in oven overnight or until completely dry.