Recipe by JudaThann
This was my mother's recipe. She was a wonderful cook! Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- food coloring, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Cover cookie sheet with waxed paper or parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Add sugar gradually, beating until stiff (BUT NOT GRAINY).
- Stir in food coloring, if desired.
- Add nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the cookie sheets.
- Place in oven and turn the oven off.
- Leave in the oven for 3-4 hours or overnight.