Recipe by lazyme
A really tender and moist chicken. The wonderful aroma fills the house while it's cooking. Don't marinate too long, because the flavor gets stronger and stronger the longer it sits.
Top Review by Lorrie in Montreal
Made for Photo Tag Fall 07 Lazy my Dear...this recipe made scrumptious juicy flavourful morsels of delight. I think I would cut back to 1/4 cup of soy sauce,I think I left it too long in the marinade...I bet 20 minutes would be lots long enough.Loved the flavours the marinade imparted to the chicken.
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 small broiler chicken, halved
- sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange chicken halves skin side up in one layer in a baking pan. In a bowl, mix together everything but the sesame seeds. Spread the mixture over the chicken and chill for one hour (You can freeze it at this point. Remember, if you are freezing this raw, you must use FRESH chicken, not frozen, defrosted chicken!)
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Sprinkle some sesame seeds over the chicken and bake uncovered for one hour until chicken is golden (I would say less time for chicken breasts, may have to cover loosely to avoid drying out. This sounds like it would be good grilled too!).