Prep 40 mins
Cook 40 mins
Ham and cheese outside of the sandwich! This is a more ambitious kid recipe. There are a lot of steps because it's broken down for kids.
- 1 slice bread, buttered with
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham
- 1⁄2 cup hot milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cheese soup
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Butter the bread lightly.
- Tear it in pieces and put in the blender.
- Pulse in the blender until it's all crumbs.
- Put the crumbs into a bowl.
- Heat the milk in the microwave. Don't let it get too hot!
- Now put 1/2 cup of the ham, milk, onion and parsley into the blender and pulse until it's all ground together.
- Add this to the crumbs in the bowl.
- Next put the rest of the ham and the eggs in the blender and pulse them until all ground together.
- Add to the bowl.
- Mix everything in the bowl together.
- Butter a small baking dish (so the loaf won't stick) and put the ham mixture inches.
- Get another baking dish that's bigger than the one the ham is in and put a little bit of hot water from the tap in it.
- Put the ham loaf dish inside the other dish.
- Put the whole thing into the oven.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and cool for a few minutes before you eat it.
- While it's cooling you can make the sauce if you want it:.
- Heat the can of cheese soup with the mustard in a saucepan on top of the stove until hot.
- Add a little milk if it's too thick for you.