1/1 Photo of Football Peanut Butter Balls
My grandma makes a version of these every Christmas and we fight to see who gets one (or more) before they're gone. I turned them into a party-pleasing dessert for my husband and his buddies during football season. Note: make these on a full stomach or you may end up eating too many while you decorate. (Cook time = refrigerator time)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together powdered sugar and peanut butter.
- 2Portion mixture into approximately 36 balls (1.5 Tablespoon size).
- 3Roll balls between the flattened palms of your hands to create a ball shaped like a top. Then roll ball on flat surface to smooth middle into more round shape leaving the ends with points creating the football shape. Arrange finished footballs in a single layer on wax paper and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 4Melt milk chocolate chips, 3 tablespoons butter, and 2 tablespoons shortening over double boiler. Mixture should be thin and shiny for dipping.
- 5Crush peanuts and set aside.
- 6Coat footballs with chocolate by rolling gently in melted milk chocolate while still over double boiler, being careful not to crush pointed ends. Place on wire rack to allow excess chocolate to drip off.
- 7While chocolate is still tacky but not still wet, place bottom of football in crushed peanuts
- 8Draw line on top center of football using black gel frosting.
- 9Melt white chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon butter in microwave and place in frosting bag or sandwich bag with cut corner and draw laces and end lines.
- 10Return finished footballs to refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 11Serve chilled if you don't want your fingers all chocolatey or room temperature if you don't mind.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Football Peanut Butter Balls
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.8
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 5.9 mg
- Sodium 86.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: