Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a recipe for simple, tasty, perfect and traditional mashed potatoes. I found that I always made potatoes and had to eyeball ingredients and keep tasting and tasting to get perfect results. This recipe is about as perfect as I could find. My family really likes traditional potatoes...no garlic, etc. This is the one for us. Hope you like it too.
- 7 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 236.59 ml milk (must be warmed before using)
- 78.07 ml butter or 78.07 ml margarine
- 3.69 ml salt (to taste)
- 3.69 ml pepper (fresh ground and to taste)
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender. Drain well.
- Add milk, butter, salt and pepper; mash until light and fluffy. (I use an electric mixer for this).
Great mashed potatoes. Simple and tasty. Thanks ChicagoRN. Made for I Recommend Tag.
I loved these potatoes! I was wondering too about putting in so much milk. I'd pour a little, stir, then pour some more until it was all used and it was great! Thanks! Made for Kittencal's mini cookathon.
Great potatoes! Very similar to my mashed potatoes but I usually don't add that much milk. I was a little hesitant about adding that much milk but they were great.