Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
LOVE fried chicken but hate to think of the calories and the mess? Here is a great recipe. It is the best non-fried chicken recipe that I've tasted. Chicken is battered and breaded, but then baked instead of fried.
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 lbs bone-in chicken pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a shallow baking dish with cooking spray. In one bowl, stir together the cornflake crumbs, breadcrumbs, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. In another bowl, whisk together the evaporated milk, egg, lemon juice and butter using a fork. Dip the chicken pieces in flour, and shake off the
- excess. Dip into the milk batter, then into the crumb mixture. Place pieces in a single layer in the greased baking dish. Spray the top of the chicken with cooking spray. Bake uncovered for 1 hour in the preheated oven, until nicely browned, and juices run clear.
Very good dish. I used boneless skinless as well. Will be making this one again.
This is a great chicken recipe My family really enjoyed it a lot. I used boneless and skinless chicken breasts so I didn't have to bake mine as long. It is very flavorful and moist. Thank you for sharing!
Fabulous, Wonderful, Perfect. I used drumsticks and they looked great and tasted great! Thanks, KCShell