This recipe makes ground beef with the taco seasoning from Food Works Taco Seasoning. To make tacos, top tortilla shells with shredded cheese, taco meat, lettuce, salsa, and plain Greek yogurt (a healthy alternative to sour cream). <br> To make nachos, layer tortilla chips with the above toppings on an oven-safe plate or cookie sheet and broil at 400* until cheese is melted - watch carefully!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a large frying pan to medium-high.
- 2With a wooden spoon, crumble meat into the pan. If meat is frozen, chip off soft bits as it thaws.
- 3Brown meat until there is no pink in the middle of the chunks of meat.
- 4To drain off the grease, pour it into a jar to be thrown out. Do not pour grease down the drain as it hardens and can clog plumbing.
- 5Stir in seasoning mix and water.
- 6Simmer for ten minutes, or until water has evaporated.
- 7To make tacos, tear up lettuce, shred cheese, and make Food Works Salsa Fresca to serve over taco shells with the meat. Soft taco shells won't break so easily if you microwave them for a couple seconds first.
- 8To make nachos, shred cheese and make Food Works Salsa Fresca to serve over tortilla chips with meat. On an oven-safe plate, layer chips, then cheese, then meat, then repeat. Broil at 400* until cheese is melty and bubbling, but watch closely as this happens suddenly!
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Food Works Taco Meat
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.6
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 147.4 mg
- Sodium 257.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 45.3 g