Recipe by FoodWorks
This recipe makes ground beef with the taco seasoning from Food Works Taco Seasoning. To make tacos, top tortilla shells with shredded cheese, taco meat, lettuce, salsa, and plain Greek yogurt (a healthy alternative to sour cream). <br> To make nachos, layer tortilla chips with the above toppings on an oven-safe plate or cookie sheet and broil at 400* until cheese is melted - watch carefully!
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large frying pan to medium-high.
- With a wooden spoon, crumble meat into the pan. If meat is frozen, chip off soft bits as it thaws.
- Brown meat until there is no pink in the middle of the chunks of meat.
- To drain off the grease, pour it into a jar to be thrown out. Do not pour grease down the drain as it hardens and can clog plumbing.
- Stir in seasoning mix and water.
- Simmer for ten minutes, or until water has evaporated.
- To make tacos, tear up lettuce, shred cheese, and make Food Works Salsa Fresca to serve over taco shells with the meat. Soft taco shells won't break so easily if you microwave them for a couple seconds first.
- To make nachos, shred cheese and make Food Works Salsa Fresca to serve over tortilla chips with meat. On an oven-safe plate, layer chips, then cheese, then meat, then repeat. Broil at 400* until cheese is melty and bubbling, but watch closely as this happens suddenly!