Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This yummy syrup goes well with our Food Works Blueberry Pancakes. Try it with strawberries or cherries or mixed berries for another flavour. If you use raspberries or blackberries, you can strain out the seeds by pouring your syrup through a wire mesh colander. <br> Berry syrup is great over vanilla ice cream!
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Put all ingredients into a blender and mix on high until smooth and runny.
- Serve 2-6 Tbsp over pancakes.
- Store leftovers in a closed container in the fridge for a week.