Prep 3 hrs
Cook 25 mins
A great roll recipe for sandwiches and panini.
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, divided
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, stir together the water, honey, and yeast.
- Allow to proof for ten minutes until nice and frothy.
- Add 2 Tablespoons olive oil, salt, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, and 1/2 teaspoon of the rosemary, and mix together.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining olive oil and herbs; set aside.
- Attach the dough hook and add the flour.
- Knead on medium for 10-12 minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic and doesn't stick to your hands.
- Oil a large bowl and add the dough. Cover with a damp towel or plastic wrap and put in a draft-free area to rise for 1 1/2 - 2 hours, or until the dough doubles in size.
- Once risen, punch down, and divide into 12 equal size balls.
- Place on a greased baking sheet, cover with a damp towel, and allow to rise for 30-40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using the remaining olive oil and herb mix, brush on top of each roll.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and the rolls sound hollow.