1/1 Photo of Fluffy Coconut Cupcakes
Chef #505447's Note:
These delightful cakes are low in sugar and fat, but not low in flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon cake flour
- 3 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup Splenda sugar substitute, plus
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 2/3 cups nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1For the cake Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Line Muffin tin with muffin cups.
- 3Lightly spoon sifted flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine sifted flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Combine sugar, butter, and oil in a large bowl, and beat at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended (about 5 minutes). Add egg whites, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the milk and yogurt. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in extracts.
- 4Pour cake batter into cupcake pans with foil. Sharply tap cake pans once on countertop to remove air bubbles. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of cakes comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes on wire racks, and remove from pans. Cool completely on wire racks.
- 5For frosting Combine first 5 ingredients in top of a double boiler; place egg white mixture over barely simmering water in bottom of double boiler on cooktop. Beat at high speed of a hand-held mixer until stiff peaks form and candy thermometer registers 160°. Add extracts; beat until blended.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fluffy Coconut Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.5
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 179.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 3.3 g