1/2 Photos of Fluffy Citrus-Scented Pancakes
These are especially flavourful and lovely with the warmed citrus-maple syrup. The perfect 'you're special' breakfast to make. The batter is thicker than your average pancake batter and lends itself to making shapes with the kids. :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cornflour (corn starch)
- 2 blood oranges, peeled, segments separated and halved
- 1To make citrus-maple syrup: In a small saucepan, whisk together maple syrup and cornflour (corn starch) and bring just to the boil. Turn off heat but allow to cook for one minute on hob to thicken. Remove from hob and stir in blood orange segments. Cover and set aside while making pancakes.
- 2To make pancakes: With a balloon whisk, whisk the egg for a minute until frothy. Add the milk, orange zest, 1/3 cup orange juice, melted butter and honey.
- 3Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk JUST until incorporated.
- 4Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat until hot and skim a pat of butter across the surface. Pour 1/4 cup measures of the pancake batter into your skillet, ensuring the edges of one pancake don't spread out into the next one (in other words: keep your distance!).
- 5Griddle until bubbles form on the pancakes and just start to burst. At this point, carefully flip them over with a spatula to cook other side to golden-brown. Remove cooked pancakes to a platter and keep hot in oven while griddling remainder of batter.
- 6Serve pancakes with warm syrup.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fluffy Citrus-Scented Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 625.7
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 81.3 mg
- Sodium 603.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 123.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 75.3 g
- Protein 9.2 g