1/6 Photos of Flowers and Posies Frozen in Time! Fresh Floral Ice Cubes
6 hrs 15 mins
French Tart's Note:
"Hey, waiter - there's a flower in my cocktail!" This is a great party idea! Prove that you're the hostess with the most-ess, the ultimate party planner, when you serve your guests drinks with stunning floral ice-cubes. Yes, ice-cubes with small flowers or flower petals frozen within them. Try it for your next party or gathering. This idea is perfect for a showers, christenings, weddings, Christmas, or just about any special occasion. I also like to pile them up in a clear glass wine or champagne cooler to serve. This is a great example of how you can actually incorporate party decorations into the food you serve, so the food and the decor merge and compliment one another. Drop floral ice cubes into your guest’s glasses, or fill your punch bowl with them. Make sure you only use edible, organically grown (non-toxic) flowers. Rose petals, geranium petals, violets or small pansies are ideal choices, and that they are free of pesticides and traffic pollution. You can also use the flowers of fresh herbs, and drop them in to chilled soups for the summer - they make a wonderful finishing touch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut small, colourful flowers from your garden. Some types you might select are: pansies, violas, wallflowers, lobelia, and miniature roses. For larger flowers, simply use the petals instead of the whole flower. You can also use flowers from fresh herbs.
- 2Fill an ice cube tray half full of water. Place the tray in the freezer until the water freezes.
- 3Remove the tray from the freezer and place one flower or several petals in each of the individual ice cube cups. Top off with enough water to cover the blossoms.
- 4Return the flower-filled ice cube trays to the freezer until the cubes are frozen.
- 5Remove the cubes from the trays and either store in the freezer in zip lock bags or use in beverages straight away.
- 6Some more ideas for these ice cubes: drop them into soups or chilled soups; add to the punch bowl; line a glass salad bowl with them and then serve your salad in the middle; use them to chill wine and champagne in clear coolers -- or just drop them into any cold drink!
Browse Our Top Punch Beverage Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Punch Beverage Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flowers and Posies Frozen in Time! Fresh Floral Ice Cubes
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g