... with a ganache glaze to boot! a mrs. field's recipe that sounds worth the little extra effort and the splurge on chocolate (22 oz here-wow!) i haven't tried it yet, but i think i'll whip it up for my valentines! *the recipe's headnote says to make these in advance for optimal texture. cook time does not include chilling time.*
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large eggs
- 18 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, cut in tbsp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1Preheat the oven to 425*F.
- 2Butter a 9-inch square baking pan, line it with foil, and butter the foil.
- 3Set the eggs in a bowl and cover them with hot tap water.
- 4Over very low heat, melt the chocolate with the butter, stirring until smooth. Stir in the vanilla. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and let it cool slightly on a wire rack.
- 5Put the warm eggs in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer on high speed until about tripled in volume, about 5 minutes. Fold half the beaten eggs into the chocolate mixture to lighten it. Gently fold in the remaining beaten eggs. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- 6Set the brownie pan in a larger baking pan. Pour hot water into the larger pan to come halfway up the sides of the brownie pan.
- 7Bake the brownies on the middle oven rack for 10 minutes. Shut the oven and let the brownies stand inside for 5 minutes. Remove the brownies from the water bath to a wire rack and let stand while preparing the glaze.
- 8Glaze: Heat the cream with the chocolate, stirring until smooth.
- 9Pour the hot glaze evenly over the surface of the brownies; spread smooth with a thin spatula and let cool completely.
- 10When cool, cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate until well chilled and firm, at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- 11To serve, cut into 12 squares. Arrange the brownies on a serving plate. For best flavor and texture, allow the brownies to come to room temperature before eating.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flourless Fudge Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.8
- Calories from Fat 421
- Total Fat 46.8 g
- Saturated Fat 28.4 g
- Cholesterol 153.2 mg
- Sodium 158.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 10.1 g