... with a ganache glaze to boot! a mrs. field's recipe that sounds worth the little extra effort and the splurge on chocolate (22 oz here-wow!) i haven't tried it yet, but i think i'll whip it up for my valentines! *the recipe's headnote says to make these in advance for optimal texture. cook time does not include chilling time.*
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large eggs
- 18 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, cut in tbsp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1Preheat the oven to 425*F.
- 2Butter a 9-inch square baking pan, line it with foil, and butter the foil.
- 3Set the eggs in a bowl and cover them with hot tap water.
- 4Over very low heat, melt the chocolate with the butter, stirring until smooth. Stir in the vanilla. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and let it cool slightly on a wire rack.
- 5Put the warm eggs in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer on high speed until about tripled in volume, about 5 minutes. Fold half the beaten eggs into the chocolate mixture to lighten it. Gently fold in the remaining beaten eggs. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- 6Set the brownie pan in a larger baking pan. Pour hot water into the larger pan to come halfway up the sides of the brownie pan.
- 7Bake the brownies on the middle oven rack for 10 minutes. Shut the oven and let the brownies stand inside for 5 minutes. Remove the brownies from the water bath to a wire rack and let stand while preparing the glaze.
- 8Glaze: Heat the cream with the chocolate, stirring until smooth.
- 9Pour the hot glaze evenly over the surface of the brownies; spread smooth with a thin spatula and let cool completely.
- 10When cool, cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate until well chilled and firm, at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- 11To serve, cut into 12 squares. Arrange the brownies on a serving plate. For best flavor and texture, allow the brownies to come to room temperature before eating.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flourless Fudge Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.8
- Calories from Fat 421
- Total Fat 46.8 g
- Saturated Fat 28.4 g
- Cholesterol 153.2 mg
- Sodium 158.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 10.1 g