1/9 Photos of Flourless Chocolate Cake
2 hrs 20 mins
This is an outstandingly dense and rich cake. But the best part is how EASY it is to make. From The Gourmet Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Butter a 10-inch springform pan, line bottom with a round of parchment or wax paper, and butter paper.
- 3melt chocolate with butter in a medium metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water, stirring until smooth.
- 4Remove bowl from heat and whisk in sugar.
- 5Add eggs one at a time, whisking well after each addition.
- 6Sift cocoa powder over chocolate and whisk until just combined.
- 7Pour batter into pan.
- 8Bake until top has formed a thin crust and a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out with moist crumbs adhering, 35-40 minutes.
- 9cool cake in pan on a rack for 10 minutes, then remove side of pan.
- 10invert cake onto a plate and reinvert onto rack to cool completely.
- 11dust cake with cocoa powder before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flourless Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.3
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 160.4 mg
- Sodium 47.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 30.2 g
- Protein 5.6 g