Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from Betty Crocker. Makes a nice Sunday breakfast, or a light supper or snack. Healthy too!
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 eggs
- 1 English muffin, split and toasted
- 1⁄2 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- In a small microwavable bol, combine yogurt, maynnaise, and mustard. Microwave on high 20 to 40 seconds or until warm. Stir and set aside.
- For poached eggs, in a 10 inch non-stick frying pan, heat 1 2/2 to 2 inches of water to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low. Break each egg into a shallow dish and then carefully slide egg into hot water. Quickly spoon over hot water onto each egg until a film starts to form over each egg yolk. Simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until eggs have reached desired doneness.
- While eggs are cooking spread each muffin half with 2 Tbsp of the prepared sauce, then with half the spinach leaves.
- Remove eggs from water with slotted spoon and place each on top of spinach Top each half with remaining sauce and season with salt and pepper.
I had this for lunch today and enjoyed it! I halved the recipe. Thanks Ppaperdoll!