Recipe by PaulaG
In order with eating healthier I developed this recipe to include a good source of vegetables and protein to start the day off right. I am posting it with gluten free options. Serve this with a side of fruit for a great start to any day. The recipe was designed for 2 but can be easily adjusted to serve more.
- 2 flour tortillas, or
- 2 wraps, gluten free
- 2 sliced natural applewood smoked bacon, center cut
- 4 -5 mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 cup Baby Spinach, packed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the bacon until crisp in a heavy skillet. Remove bacon and wipe out skillet with a paper towel. Add in the sliced mushrooms and saute until nicely browned. Add in chopped onion and jalapeno pepper.
- Beat the eggs with the yogurt and pour over cooked vegetables. Using a spatula push the uncooked portions of the egg to the center of the pan. Cook until eggs are set. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Microwave the wraps for 10 to 15 seconds. Divide the egg mixture between the wraps, top with crisped bacon and spinach leaves. Wrap burrito style, secure with a toothpick and serve.