Recipe by Apocryphea
This drop cookie recipe has a base mix that is made so the measures of the secondary/flavour ingredients are easily added in or substituted without having to change the base recipe's chemistry. I have made tons of variants, and brought these to my office; they never tasted the same. I've done these with Chocolate Chips, almonds, walnuts, dried cranberries, coffee, dark chocolate and caramel bits.
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml dark brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 0.59 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven at 375°C.
- In one bowl, mix the Butter, White & Brown Sugar, egg and Vanilla into a uniform substance.
- In a seperate bowl, sift and mix the flour, baking soda and salt together.
- Whilst stirring, Incorporate/sift the Flour Mix gradually so that it doesn't become too hard or clumpy. The dough should be soft when properly mixed.
- Add the flavouring mix (chocolate chips, nuts, any ingredients you want) gradually and ensure the dough is still uniform and consistent.
- Place badges the size of a teaspoon on a greased/nonstick sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly brown, then remove from oven and let the cookies cooldown! You can flatten them with a fork as they come out too.