Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
When I started the Candida Diet, I was surprised that I couldn't find a decent flax meal pancake recipe, so I came up with this one. Yacon syrup has a sweet taste, but it does not introduce glucose into the bloodstream. If you cannot find it, just leave it out. If you are not on the Candida Diet, feel free to replace it with maple syrup or honey. If you are following the diet, please use raw, organic apple cider vinegar and unsweetened almond milk in this recipe. Enjoy!
- In a medium bowl, combine flax meal, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In another medium bowl, add eggs and beat slightly. Add to eggs yacon syrup, sparkling water and vinegar. Mix gently.
- At this stage you must work quickly so the rising agents do not lose their power.
- Heat the butter or coconut oil in a medium frying pan.
- When it is ready, quickly add the egg mixture to the flax meal mixture and combine gently.
- Now add the almond milk to achieve a slightly runny batter. Feel free to add more almond milk if you think necessary.
- Pour batter into frying pan to create pancakes about 5 inches in diameter (you should be able to make 4 - if you make the pancakes too big, they may be uncooked in the middle and start to burn before they are done).
- When pancakes start to bubble on top, it is time to flip. Flip and cook on other side until cooked all the way through (a few minutes).
- Top with cinnamon, butter and coconut oil if desired.