When I started the Candida Diet, I was surprised that I couldn't find a decent flax meal pancake recipe, so I came up with this one. Yacon syrup has a sweet taste, but it does not introduce glucose into the bloodstream. If you cannot find it, just leave it out. If you are not on the Candida Diet, feel free to replace it with maple syrup or honey. If you are following the diet, please use raw, organic apple cider vinegar and unsweetened almond milk in this recipe. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl, combine flax meal, baking soda and cinnamon.
- 2In another medium bowl, add eggs and beat slightly. Add to eggs yacon syrup, sparkling water and vinegar. Mix gently.
- 3At this stage you must work quickly so the rising agents do not lose their power.
- 4Heat the butter or coconut oil in a medium frying pan.
- 5When it is ready, quickly add the egg mixture to the flax meal mixture and combine gently.
- 6Now add the almond milk to achieve a slightly runny batter. Feel free to add more almond milk if you think necessary.
- 7Pour batter into frying pan to create pancakes about 5 inches in diameter (you should be able to make 4 - if you make the pancakes too big, they may be uncooked in the middle and start to burn before they are done).
- 8When pancakes start to bubble on top, it is time to flip. Flip and cook on other side until cooked all the way through (a few minutes).
- 9Top with cinnamon, butter and coconut oil if desired.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flax Meal Pancakes - Candida Control Diet-Friendly
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.8
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 394.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: