Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This delicious and healthy fish will leave you wanting for more. You will remember to hide some for yourself in the kitchen before serving it the next time to your family and friends;-)! Always remember the 3 key points to buying fish: 1. Whole fish should have bright clear eyes, 2. Herring and mackerel scales should shine and 3. Shellfish should feel heavy for its size.
- 300 g red snapper, cleaned,cut and washed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh spinach leaves, washed
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, washed
- 1 green chili, washed and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves, washed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mango powder (amchur)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ajwain (carom)
- 2 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- oil, for basting
Directions See How It's Made
- In your grinder, grind together the spinach, corriander and green chilli with a little water, to make a smooth paste.
- Put into a bowl and add the remaining ingredients, except the fish and oil.
- Mix well, then add the fish and mix it well to coat it in the mixture nicely.
- Keep aside to marinate for 25 minutes.
- Skewer the fish and barbecue for 10-12 minutes.
- Baste it with oil till its well done.
- Serve hot garnished with onion rings and sauteed garlic, if desired.