Recipe by Nickeletta
Perk up sandwiches and veggies with flavored mayo. An especially easy way to improve the flavor of store-bought fat free mayo. From Susan Epstein, The Brown Bag Lunch. Each batch makes approx 1/2 cup.
Top Review by gailanng
The construction of the Honey-Mustard recipe was immediately followed by a vigorous licking of any utensil used in its creation. I'm wishing for my Christmas stocking to be stuffed with a few extra spatulas this year.
Directions See How It's Made
- Add To make DIJON MAYO: 1 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard and 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill.
- Add to make CHIVE MAYO: 1/3 cup fresh snipped chives, 2 small minced garlic cloves and ground black pepper, to taste.
- Add to make HORSERADISH MAYO: 3 tbsp prepared horseradish,1/2 tsp dried thyme and Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add to make HERB MAYO: 2 1/2 tbsp chopped herbs(try parsley, chives, dill, tarragon, oregano, thyme, basil).
- Add to make DILL MAYO: 1/4 cup fresh chopped dill, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp garlic, minced and Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add to make BLACK PEPPER MAYO: 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper and 1 tsp lemon juice.
- Add to make HONEY MUSTARD MAYO: 1 tbsp lime juice, 1 tbsp honey and 1 tbsp Dijon mustard.
- Add to make SUN DRIED TOMATO MAYO: 1 small clove garlic, 1/4 cup chopped and well drained sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil. Process ingredients in food processor until smooth before adding to mayo.