Smurfetta Chef #427781's Note:
Flat iron steaks are my new favorite. Easy to prepare, always tender.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (8 ounce) flat iron steaks (top blade)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 medium red bell peppers, quartered
- 1 large red onion, sliced (1/2-inch)
- 1Combine seasoning ingredients.
- 2Remove 4 teaspoons; press onto beef steaks.
- 3Add cheese, oil and vinegar to remaining seasoning; mix well.
- 4Place steaks in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange vegetables around steaks.
- 5Grill flat iron steaks, covered, 10 to 14 minutes.
- 6Grill bell peppers 12 to 15 minutes and onion 15 to 20 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- 7Brush vegetables with cheese mixture during last 10 minutes.
- 8To broil, place steaks and vegetables on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat.
- 9Broil 15 to 20 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness and until vegetables are tender, turning once.
- 10Brush vegetables with cheese mixture during last 3 to 4 minutes.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flat Iron Steaks With Parmesan Grilled Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 535.1
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 152.9 mg
- Sodium 266.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 46.0 g