Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Flat iron steaks are my new favorite. Easy to prepare, always tender.
- 4 (8 ounce) flat iron steaks (top blade)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 medium red bell peppers, quartered
- 1 large red onion, sliced (1/2-inch)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Combine seasoning ingredients.
- Remove 4 teaspoons; press onto beef steaks.
- Add cheese, oil and vinegar to remaining seasoning; mix well.
- Place steaks in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange vegetables around steaks.
- Grill flat iron steaks, covered, 10 to 14 minutes.
- Grill bell peppers 12 to 15 minutes and onion 15 to 20 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Brush vegetables with cheese mixture during last 10 minutes.
- To broil, place steaks and vegetables on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat.
- Broil 15 to 20 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness and until vegetables are tender, turning once.
- Brush vegetables with cheese mixture during last 3 to 4 minutes.
Excellent! We prepared this on the charcoal grill to give the steak even more flavor. I did mix a little olive oil in with the minced garlic, fresh basil, and pepper. This made a nice "crust" on the grilled meat. The Parmesan was a nice addition to the grilled veggies. We added a baked potato to round out our meal and were stuffed.