Flat Iron Steaks are a fairly new cut - they are very tender and perfect for BBQing. Also known as top blade steaks. I will be making this recipe shortly and will add comments later. It is from the Cooking Pleasues Magazine Aug/sept 05 Steaks require at least 12 hours in the marinade
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds & veins removed
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, grated
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 24 ounces flat iron steaks
- 1Mix all the ingredients except steak together in a large zip lock plastic bag.
- 2Place the steaks in the bag and seal, turn so the steaks are coated on all sides.
- 3Place in refrigerater for at leat 12 hours or overnight. Turn the bag whenever you go.
- 4into the fridge.
- 5Remove steaks from the marinade, Pat steaks dry, discard marinade.
- 6Heat BBQ to medium heat.
- 7Grill steaks 4-6" from heat source, turn once 8-12 minutes should produce medium rare steaks check with thermometer for exact inner temperature.
- 8Place on a plater, tent with foil and let them rest 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flat Iron Steaks Grilled With Chili-Citrus
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 713.3
- Calories from Fat 506
- Total Fat 56.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 115.4 mg
- Sodium 1795.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 40.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo