Recipe by Bergy
Flat Iron Steaks are a fairly new cut - they are very tender and perfect for BBQing. Also known as top blade steaks. I will be making this recipe shortly and will add comments later. It is from the Cooking Pleasues Magazine Aug/sept 05 Steaks require at least 12 hours in the marinade
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds & veins removed
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, grated
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 24 ounces flat iron steaks
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients except steak together in a large zip lock plastic bag.
- Place the steaks in the bag and seal, turn so the steaks are coated on all sides.
- Place in refrigerater for at leat 12 hours or overnight. Turn the bag whenever you go.
- into the fridge.
- Remove steaks from the marinade, Pat steaks dry, discard marinade.
- Heat BBQ to medium heat.
- Grill steaks 4-6" from heat source, turn once 8-12 minutes should produce medium rare steaks check with thermometer for exact inner temperature.
- Place on a plater, tent with foil and let them rest 5 minutes.