Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I just made some of these and it's SO good...very chewy! The hardest part about this recipe is shaving/grating the chocolate. I did half of it, got tired, so I put the rest in my mini food processor and just grind it to a fine texture. This recipe came from my October, 2010 issue of Saveur.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, scant
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces finely shaved bittersweet chocolate (I used Scharffen Berger)
- 8 ounces finely ground walnuts
- Whisk flour, salt, and baking soda in a bowl; set aside. In a bowl, beat sugars and butter with a mixer on medium speed until fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time; beat in vanilla. Add reserved flour mixture, chocolate, and nuts; mix until just combined (I used my hand mixer on low speed). Chill.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Divide dough into 1-tbsp. portions; roll into balls, transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheets spaced 3" apart, and flatten. Bake until set, about 15 minutes.