Just lovely served as a dessert with lightly sweetened fresh fruit, butter and confectioner's sugar or as a breakfast dish with syrup. From the Pennsylvania Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947 Cooking time approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your lightly greased griddle until a drop of water skitters across the surface.
- 2Sift dry ingredients together.
- 3Beat eggs until light; add buttermilk and butter.
- 4Add to dry ingredients and beat well.
- 5Drop batter from a spoon and brown on both sides.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flannel Cakes - Buttermilk Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (876 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 60.5
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 18.8 mg
- Sodium 136.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g