Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 lb flank steak, cut across the grain in thin 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 chili peppers, whole or split,depending how much heat you want
- 1 lb white mushroom, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded,coarse chop
- 1 teaspoon dry basil or 3 -4 leaves fresh basil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Start water for linguine according to package instructions.
- Pasta should be cooked to the aldente stage.
- Combine flank steak, cornstarch, dry sherry, and sugar; set aside.
- In large saute pan, heat butter and olive oil, add chili peppers and garlic.
- Saute until garlic is soft, not brown.
- Add mushrooms and saute for 2 minutes, add beef and saute quickly until meat is light brown, add remaining ingredients, adding 2-3 tablespoons of pasta water.
- Season to taste and bring to a simmer.
- Drain Linguini and add to skillet, bring back to simmer and serve immediately.
- If using fresh basil, garnish each of the serving plates with a sprig of the basil.
- Serve with garden salad and crusty rolls.
Linguine is one of my favorite Italian noodles and I see that you also know my secret, "Aldente!" I also like Flank Steak and Mushrooms, so this dish is a REAL WINNER FOR ME! Adding, fresh basil within the recipe and then some basil sprigs on the side give this dish an extra special touch of class. I liked this dish so much, that I made it a second time. This time I added some expensive tomatoes from the vegetable/food gourmet store (wish I had a home garden, live in NYC) and a few lemon wedges on the side as well. Try it, you'll like it!
I thought this dish was very easy to make and was also very tasty.
Saw all of the great ratings, and had to try it...but I wasn't impressed. Perhaps More vegies...lots more tomatoes. I served this with a vionoget, and I thought it was pleasent!