Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
From a community cookbook submitted by Bella Martinez. This has evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk and cream of coconut which make is sound different.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 6 ounces water
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 3 1⁄2 ounces cream of coconut
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- Blend eggs, milks, water, Grand Marnier and cream of coconut together in a blender about
- 1 minute.
- Prepare to bake by putting 3/4 cup of sugar in a round mold which is 9 inches in diameter and 2 inches high.
- Melt sugar until light brown in color.
- When it is melted, turn the mold so that the caramelized sugar coats the bottom and sides of the mold.
- Pour flan into the coated mold.
- Place the mold into a larger pan which has hot water poured into it until the water reaches about half way up the side of the flan mold (about 1 inch).
- Bake in a 350 degree F. oven for about 30 minutes.
- It will be done when a knife inserted into the center of the flan comes out clean.
- Cool flan.
- Put flan in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Reverse mold onto a platter to serve.