Recipe by carolinafan
You may use any cooked chicken for this or omit it if you prefer a meatless snack.
Top Review by emily hauer
This is a really tasty snack. I think it could use some more seasonings, but probably because I don't eat salsa (icky onions). I made my own pie crust as I can't stand store-bought ones. This would be good with black beans too. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box (from 15 oz. box)
- 1 cup chopped roasted deli chicken
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- 1⁄2 cup whipped cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded taco cheese (4 oz.)
- 1 cup thick & chunky salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425.
- Remove pie crust from pouch; unroll on ungreased cookie sheet. Generously prick crust with fork. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, cook chicken, beans and cumin over medium heat about 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly heated. Stir in cilantro.
- Spread cream cheese over partially baked crust. Top with chicken mixture; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 2 to 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Cut into wedges; serve warm with salsa.