Recipe by HokiesMom
These make a crispy cookie and are quick to throw together on those spur of the moment cravings or when a family member says "oh by the way I'm supposed to bring a couple dozen cookies to school/work today". This makes 2 dozen cookies. Great for beginning cooks! **Updated 3/5/2010 based on the first reviews I've adjusted the name and the ingredient list to add the the option of a 6th ingredient of using chocolate chips to the mix.
Top Review by Lalaloula
A very yummy cookie recipe!!!!
The dough was thick and easy to work with and the cookies came out chunky, chewy and very tasty! I luved the peanut butter flavour with the hearty oats and chocolate chips. Mmmm!
I used an organic all natural (no sugar added) peanut butter and a milk chocolate. Reduced the sugar to 1/4 cup and found they were perfectly sweet like that.
I made very big cookies endind up with 11 from the full recipe, which I had to bake for 11 minutes.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing such an easy and yummy recipe with us, Hokies!
Made and reviewed for WTTM Tag Game August 2010.
- 1⁄2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (this is the optional 6th ingredient)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, cream peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in egg to the creamed mixture.
- Add oats and baking soda and mix well. Add chocolate chips in this step if using this ingredient.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto GREASED baking sheets. Flatten slightly (if you skip this you get mounds as they do not spread much).
- Bake at 350F for 6-8 minutes then let cool completely on wire rack before storing.