Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Bored of lettuce? Here's a colorful and health-charged meal from the Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook, which recommends serving it with albacore tuna and a pita wrap. It's great with Newman's Low Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing in lieu of the homemade one below.
- 2 cups bean sprouts (alfalfa, broccoli,onion or any combination)
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and sliced into ribbons (red, yellow or orange)
- 3 cups broccoli florets, blanched and well-drained
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup purple beet, diced and cooked
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced into thin rings (optional)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (or avocado oil, flaxseed oil or pumpkin oil or a combination of any of these)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons tamari (they suggest gluten-free)
- In a large decorative salad bowl combine the salad ingredients; cover and refrigerate if not serving right away.
- In small mixing bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients until well-blended. Serve dressing on the side.
I'd tagged this before my DIL brought over 3 pounds of fresh blueberries, so I set aside some of them for this recipe before making a large batch of berry sauce! This definitely makes for a colorful salad, & it has a nice meld of flavors, too! A keeper recipe, for sure ~ Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]