1/1 Photo of Fishermans Sandwich
This Sandwich really has nothing to do with fish, except that I used to make this when we would go out fishing - it was easy and could feed a crowd of many - hmmmm loaves and fishes?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 round loaf Italian bread (12-16-inch diameter)
- 1/4 lb capicola
- 1/4 lb deli turkey (santa fe style at the deli)
- 1/4 lb honey-roasted ham
- 1/4 lb genoa salami
- 1/4 lb smoked turkey
- 1/3 lb cheddar cheese (horseradish)
- 1/4 lb swiss cheese
- 1/4 lb provolone cheese
- 1/3 lb monterey jack pepper cheese
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard (any hot coarse mustard)
- 1Cut the top of your bread 1/2" down saving the top. Scoop out the inside of your bread to 1/4" of bread left inside. Spread your mustard around all sides of the bread including the top.
- 2Layer your meats and chesses alternately, using a mild cheese and a stronger deli meat i.e. swiss and capacoli go well together. Make sure to run your layers all the way up the sides of the bread. Your top layer should be cheese.
- 3Place the top back on your sandwich and wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Allow 3-4 hours or overnight to set up in the fridge.
- 4Cut into wedges as you would a cake. No mess eating!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fishermans Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.8
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 60.5 mg
- Sodium 981.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 21.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: