Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
What a fun meal! Crispy Ranch-seasoned fish served with shoestring fries and Ranch Tartar Sauce for dipping. From "25 Years Of Favorite Brand Name Recipes".
- 1 cup sour cream (or you can use 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/2 cup mayonnaise)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet pickle
- 1 (1 ounce) packet hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs (or panko)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs white fish fillets (sole, flounder, etc.)
- 1 egg, beaten
- vegetable oil
- french fried shoestring potatoes, frozen
- lemon wedge (to garnish) (optional)
- To make sauce, in a small bowl, combine sour cream, pickles, and 2 tablespoons of the Ranch dressing mix; cover and refrigerate. Prepare frozen shoestring fries according to package directions. Meanwhile, on large plate, combine bread crumbs and remaining salad dressing mix. Dip fillets in egg, then coat with bread crumb mixture. Fry fillets in 3 tablespoons of oil until golden. (Add more oil to pan if necessary to prevent sticking.) Serve fish fillets with shoestring fries and chilled tartar sauce. Garnish with lemon wedges.