Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
it is from "the soup bible". Use it to give foods a "seafood" taste.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs white fish fillets
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, with leaves
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1⁄2 lemon, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 6 black peppercorns
- 1 1⁄2 quarts water
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine
- Put all ingredients in saucepan.
- Bring to boil, skimming surface frequently.
- Lower heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- If not using immediately, refrigerate.
- It can be kept refigarated for 2 days or frozen for 3 months.
Wordeful soup. The wine made the difference. I had it as a soup for dinner with broccoli salad and it was so tasty. Thanks for posting. Made it for PAC Spring 2009.