Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a yummy recipe from African recipes. It's basically a fish salad with tartar sauce. You may use any white fish, leftover is fine! If you wish, just make the sauce and pour over fish cakes, veggie fritters, etc.
- 2 lbs cooked fish, boned and flaked (use haddock, halibut or any white fish)
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 2 tomatoes, diced small
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (or enough to just hold mixture together)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh dill (or 1 Tbs. dried dill- If dried dill is used add 1/4 cup chopped parsley to give the sauce its charac)
- 1⁄4 cup pickle relish
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, cut in slices
- 1⁄4 cup black olives
- 4 -5 parsley sprigs
- Shape ingredients into a pyramid on a 12 inch plate (with hands moistened with water).
- Mix the sauce ingredients together.
- Pour the Green Sauce over the pyramid.
- Place optional garnishes around the outside of the plate if desired.