Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Don't be afraid..Try this one...All your taste buds will awaken.
- 4 tiny new potatoes, halved
- 2 small sweet potatoes, cut in 3cm pieces
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry paste
- 60 ml fish stock or 60 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 800 g firm white fish fillets, cut into pieces
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk lemongrass (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup coriander, coarsely chopped
- 1 long red Thai chile, seeded, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
- Cook potatoes.
- In a large pan bring half the coconut milk to a boil. Boil, stir occasionally, until it has reduced by halve and the oil separates from the coconut milk.
- Now add the curry paste, cook for about 1 Minute. Add remaining coconut milk, stock sauce, juice, (Lemon grass if using it), sugar, molasses and maple syrup; cook and stir until sugar is dissolve.
- Add fish and cooked potatoes to the pan: cook, and stir occasionally (3 minutes).Remove lemon grass,stir in onion and coriander.*.
- Place curry in a serving bowl;sprinkle with sliced chili and coriander leaves.
- *Note to self - Don't add the fish until shortly before serving this curry; if overcooked, it can either disintegrate or toughen.
I can't believe nobody made this yet! We absolutely loved it. The only thing I changed was to use Vietnamese coriander in place of normal coriander green. Will make this again! Thanks for an easy, yummy keeper.<br/>Made for PAC Spring 2014