Spicy Thai Yellow Curry
This is a recipe for Spicy Thai Yellow Curry served over warm jasmine rice.TIP: if you can't find galangal, try using ginger.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 kg boneless chicken breast (you could also use pork)
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 5cm cubes, pre-cooked
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 (415 ml) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 slices galangal
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 large onion
- serve over warm rice (Basmati or Jasmine is best)
- Prepare your ingredients: Pre-cook the potatoes in a bowl covered with water in the microwave (don’t cook them too done, since they will finish cooking with the main dish later).Cut boneless, chicken breast into thin strips. Wash and cut onions into cubes.Separate all the pieces.
- In a wok on medium heat add oil and curry paste. Add 1/3 of the coconut milk. Stir until it forms a thin gravy.
- Add chicken, galangal, lime leaves. Cook for about 5 minute.
- Turn the heat to high, add the rest of the coconut milk, potatoes and onions,fish sauce, sugar, and mix well. Set to boil for about 2 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I do this slightly differently, but this is very close to the recipe I'm about to post. It's delicious! I use 1 1/2 T oil. I also add a can of regular milk plus 1/2 T cornstarch or another can of coconut milk. I use 4 T fish sauce. Zest from 4 limes is a good sub for kaffir lime leaves. And lastly I don't use galangal. I mix up the veggies I use, decreasing potatoes and adding carrots and a red or yellow pepper. The recipe is quite versatile. <br/><br/>Try it, you'll love it... you may look for my recipe if you don't want to try to make these changes.Reply