Prep 30 mins
Cook 42 mins
I searched for a tuna noodle recipe that didn't have canned soup in it, there were some posted and I did take a lot of ideas. Here's what I came up with.
- 8 ounces macaroni, about 1/2 a 1 lb. package
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cheese, grated
- 6 ounces plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 6 ounces tuna in vegetable oil, slightly drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill (to taste)
- 1 (6 ounce) package cornbread stuffing mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 2⁄3 cups hot water
- Prepare noodles as directed on packaging, using an extra large pot. Drain pasta and return it to the pot.
- In a seperate bowl combine stuffing, butter and water, set aside.
- Add everything except the stuffing, to the noodles and mix. Then spoon into a cassarole dish.
- Top with stuffing. Bake at 350 for 30 - 40 minutes. Use broil for 2 minutes more, to brown the stuffung.
Great recipe, will definately use again, kids liked it which is alway good.
This was the best tuna casserole EVER! It was so fresh and yummy..my 4 year old even loved it..and he's not a vegetable guy.