- 4 fish fillets
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 slices tomatoes
- flour, for dusting
- 50 ml canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together cumin, cumin powder, garlic, salt and chillies.
- Cut a slice across each piece of fish and fill slits with the spice mixture.
- Dust each piece lightly with flour and then sprinkle with turmeric.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add fish and fry for about two minutes on each side.
- Fry the sliced tomatoes at the same time next to the fish.
- Serve immediately.