- 1 mackerel, clean
- 1 garlic clove, pound
- 1 slice gingerroot, shred
- 1⁄4 chili pepper, slice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dark soya sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 stalk spring onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the pounded ingredients and shredded ginger till fragrant.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients except the fish and bring to the boil.
- Gently put in the fish and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn the fish over and simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes till the fish is cooked.
- Dish into a plate and sprinkle with chopped spring onion before serving.