Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Calorie-packed and delicious. Feeds 8 people or 4 firefighters!
Make and share this Firehouse Tex-Mex Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Place rice in a greased 3-quart casserole dish.
- Add hot water; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown the meat in a large frying pan.
- Add barbecue sauce, tomatoes, beans, and chili powder.
- Mix well and then bring to a boil.
- Spoon the meat mixture over the rice.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions.
This was quick and easy to make. You need to grease the casserole dish. I used KC Masterpiece Original BBQ Sauce did not care for this brand in the recipe. So when I make this again I'll try a different brand.