Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Calorie-packed and delicious. Feeds 8 people or 4 firefighters!
- 3 cups Minute brown rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 19 ounces canned stewed tomatoes
- 14 ounces refried beans
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Place rice in a greased 3-quart casserole dish.
- Add hot water; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown the meat in a large frying pan.
- Add barbecue sauce, tomatoes, beans, and chili powder.
- Mix well and then bring to a boil.
- Spoon the meat mixture over the rice.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions.
This was quick and easy to make. You need to grease the casserole dish. I used KC Masterpiece Original BBQ Sauce did not care for this brand in the recipe. So when I make this again I'll try a different brand.