Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
One of the best chili recipes I have found. Makes a big pot so invite your friends. The key to good chili is making sure you buy the best ground beef, preferably from a supermarket that grinds their own. It really does make a big difference.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant minced garlic
- 1 (30 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon bottled hot pepper sauce
- 6 cups elbow macaroni (cooked)
- In a 6- to 8-quart Dutch oven, cook meat, onion, celery and garlic until meat is brown and onion is tender; drain.
- Stir in undrained chili beans, tomato sauce, undrained tomatoes, chili powder, and the 1 tablespoon bottled hot pepper sauce.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 2 hours.
- Serve chili over hot cooked macaroni. If you like, top with sour cream, cheddar cheese, and green onions, and pass additional hot pepper sauce.