Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Get authentic Southwest flavors with flank steak marinated with Grill Mates® Southwest Marinade. Serve with fajita toppings, such as salsa, sour cream, guacamole, shredded cheese and chopped tomatoes.
- 1 ounce McCormick® Grill Mates® Mexican Fiesta Marinade
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks or 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut in thin strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 8 flour tortillas (burrito-size)
- assorted toppings such as salsa, sour cream, guacamole, shredded cheese and chopped tomato (optional)
- Mix Marinade Mix, oil, lime juice and water in small bowl. Pierce meat with fork. Place meat and vegetables in separate large resealable plastic bags or glass dishes. Add 2 tablespoons of the marinade to vegetables. Add remaining marinade to meat; turn to coat well.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes or longer for extra flavor. Remove meat and vegetables from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.
- For steak, broil or grill over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes per side or until desired doneness. For chicken, broil or grill over medium heat 6 to 7 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through. Place vegetables in heated skillet or grill pan. Sauté vegetables over medium-high heat until tender.
- Cut meat across the grain into thin slices. Spoon meat and vegetables into warm tortillas. Serve with assorted toppings, if desired.