Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another tasty one for red pepper fans. I found this recipe on the American Heart Association's web site.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Spoon mixture into a small bowl lined with plastic wrap or a 6-ounce ramekin.
- Press mixture slightly to get rid of any air pockets; smooth evenly with rubber scraper.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat fruit spread and red pepper flakes over medium heat until spread just begins to melt, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in bell pepper.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- To serve, if using bowl, invert mixture onto a serving plate, remove plastic wrap, and spoon apricot mixture on top.
- If using ramekin, top cream cheese mixture with apricot mixture.
Wonderful - Great - Fantastic! Tripled recipe right off the bat. Liked it better when we mixed it all up together.
I made this for a family gathering and it was the hit of the evening! I added more pepper flakes as we like things turned up a notch. I didn't have apricot jam or preserves so I used a peach-papaya fruit spread...ohhhhh, to die for! Five stars! Thanks!
Quick, easy and fabulous! The only change I made was to use apricot preserves, as that was what I had on hand. Just don't make my silly, thoughtless mistake - do not freeze the cream cheese/sour cream mixture as it will make the texture mealy and unpleasant!