Another tasty one for red pepper fans. I found this recipe on the American Heart Association's web site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream with an electric mixer until well blended.
- 2Spoon mixture into a small bowl lined with plastic wrap or a 6-ounce ramekin.
- 3Press mixture slightly to get rid of any air pockets; smooth evenly with rubber scraper.
- 4Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm slightly.
- 5Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat fruit spread and red pepper flakes over medium heat until spread just begins to melt, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Remove from heat and stir in bell pepper.
- 7Let cool to room temperature.
- 8To serve, if using bowl, invert mixture onto a serving plate, remove plastic wrap, and spoon apricot mixture on top.
- 9If using ramekin, top cream cheese mixture with apricot mixture.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fire-and-Ice Cream Cheese Spread
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.4
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 83.9 mg
- Sodium 245.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 30.5 g
- Protein 7.1 g