Recipe by Graymare47 # 252632
Finn, my Rat Terrier, has been in love with these treats since I found the recipe a few years ago, on the "net". They are soft and easily chewed by even the most finicky dog!! He stands patiently, when they come out of the oven, ready to catch any crumbs that fall to the floor, as they are cut.
- 1 lb beef liver, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup minced garlic
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree the liver and garlic in a food processor. Add eggs, flour, and corn meal. Pour into a parchment-lined jelly roll pan or cookie sheet with sides.
- Bake in an oven, preheated to 350°, for 10 minutes. Flip over onto a second sheet of parchment, peel off the first sheet of parchment and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Cut into desired size pieces with a pizza cutter. Store in the freezer, in resealable bags, thawing only enough to be consumed in 3 days. Store thawed treats in the refrigerator.
- These treats have NO PRESERVATIVES and WILL SPOIL, if not stored properly. If they develop mold, do not feed to your dog!