Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Cooking Light. Posting for ZWT3.
Make and share this Finnish Salmon-Potato Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 4 cups cubed peeled baking potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 3 1⁄2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 10 ounces roasted salmon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add chopped onion, and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle onion mixture with celery salt.
- Stir in flour, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add clam juice. Bring mixture to a boil, and cook for 1 minute or until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add potato cubes and carrot slices, and stir in milk.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Break Salmon into chunks; add salmon, chopped dill, and Worcestershire sauce to pan.
- Bring chowder to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes or until potato is tender.