From Cooking Light. Posting for ZWT3.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 4 cups cubed peeled baking potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 3 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 10 ounces roasted salmon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add chopped onion, and sauté for 5 minutes.
- 2Sprinkle onion mixture with celery salt.
- 3Stir in flour, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 4Gradually add clam juice. Bring mixture to a boil, and cook for 1 minute or until thick, stirring constantly.
- 5Add potato cubes and carrot slices, and stir in milk.
- 6Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 7Break Salmon into chunks; add salmon, chopped dill, and Worcestershire sauce to pan.
- 8Bring chowder to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes or until potato is tender.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Finnish Salmon-Potato Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (449 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.8
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 263.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 17.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: