Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This Middle Eastern tea is traditionally served to guests who come to see a newborn baby.
- 6 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons anise seeds
- 3 sticks cinnamon
- 2 cloves, whole
- 2 pieces gingerroot
- walnuts, for garnishment
- sugar, as needed for taste
- In a pot, bring the water, anise seeds, ginger, cloves, and cinnamon to a boil.
- Seep on low in a teapot or pan for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain and pour into cups. Garnish and top with walnuts and sugar to taste.
Yum! I forgot time and it simmered for a little longer, but it was great! Very soothing. Made for early morning treat. Thanks! Made by a Looney Spoon Phoodie for ZWT#6.
This is yummy. I really like the fact that this does not contain tea! I liked the walnuts in this!! I used creamed honey instead of sugar to be healthier. Made for ZWT6, NA*ME regions for my team, The Ya Ya Cookerhood.